Whether you are working with a general contractor or doing it yourself, at the beginning of your project or in the middle, we can help to maximize your budget dollars.
Ask Roger: this is when you have a quick question. You can ask online and we will respond within 1 business day.
Project Preparation: whether you choose to work with an owner-builder consultant or a general contractor, the better prepared you are with your project, the more money you will save. We provide these services, any or all, to help you prepare your project for bidding:
- Land Consultation – when you have found a piece of land but have questions on how buildable the land is or what you will need to do in order to build on that lot.
- City/County Counsel – we will work with you to understand what requirements the city or county will have concerning your property as well as tips and techniques for getting your permits.
- Plan Review – we’ll work with you, and your architect/designer, to be sure your plans are ready for bidding. We’ll see things that others may not to ensure your plans are as complete as they can be prior to you getting bids. This will result in less change orders after the job has begun and savings in your pocket.
- Feasibility Study – this can encompass all of the above services with a projected cost breakdown; or be a point of reference when buying/investing in a home to remodel and want to know if it’s feasible and practical.
Project Span: throughout your building or remodeling project you may find that you just need a little help. For this we offer numerous ways to be at your service:
- Bidding – we’ll help you understand how to gets bids that are apples to apples; the questions to ask when you receive a bid; and how to choose the right bid for your project.
- Creative Problem Solving - with 30+ years of construction expertise behind us, we have found creative, and cost saving, ways to combat issues that arise when building or remodeling a home.
- Inspections – we are happy to come and inspect your job site prior to the city/county doing their formal inspections. This will ensure that the work has been done to your specifications and not just to code. For this service, please plan 2-3 days prior to your inspection so there is time to fix any issues prior to the inspection.
- Construction Mediation – if you are working with a contractor and find yourself in a disagreement that could land in court, call us first. We can be the unbiased party to help resolve the problem without getting lawyers involved. Most times these disagreements are a matter of communication and understanding each other’s language. Having someone who understands your desires and can communicate that to the contractor will most often resolve the issue.
Block o’time: purchase a block of one hour consultations (billed in fifteen minute increments) to alleviate that nagging question of whether you should or should not call. We offer blocks of time that you can use any way you wish. We will customize the number of hours in this package (minimum of five) after an initial consultation to familiarize us with your project. Same services as above will apply.